Geotextile, also known as geosynthetic, is a permeable geotextile fabric material made of synthetic fibers through needle punching or weaving. Geotextile is one of the new materials and geosynthetics. The finished product is cloth-like, with a width of 4-6 meters and a length of 50-100 meters. Geotextiles are divided into woven geotextile and non-woven geotextile.
Let’s dive right in now, and you can click on the question that interest you,
Geotextile has excellent filtering, drainage, isolation, reinforcement, and protection functions. It has the characteristics of lightweight, high tensile strength, good permeability, high-temperature resistance, freezing resistance, aging resistance, and corrosion resistance. The application of geosynthetics originated in the 1950s. Domestic geotextiles are one of the country’s Eighth Five-Year Plan. my country promulgated the “Geosynthetics Staple Fiber Needle Punched Nonwoven Geotextiles” in 1998 (GB/T17638 -1998) standard, geotextile has been widely used in many fields.
There are three main series of geotextiles:
- Needle-punched non-woven geotextile, the specification is between 100g/m²-600g/m². The main raw material is polyester staple fiber or polypropylene staple fiber, which is made by needle punching. The main uses are rivers, seas, lakes, and rivers. Embankment slope protection, sea reclamation, wharf, ship lock flood control, and other projects are effective ways to conserve water and soil and prevent piping through back filtration.
- Needle-punched non-woven geotextile fabric and PE film composite geotextile, the specification is one cloth and one membrane, two cloth, and one membrane, the maximum width is 4.2 meters. The main raw material is a needle-punched non-woven geotextile fabric with polyester staple fiber, and PE film is made by compounding. , The main purpose is to prevent seepage, suitable for railway, highway, tunnel, subway, airport, and other projects.
- Non-woven and woven composite geotextiles, including non-woven and polypropylene filament woven composite, non-woven, and plastic woven composite, are suitable for foundation reinforcement and adjustment of permeability coefficient.
- High strength. Due to the use of plastic fiber, it can maintain sufficient strength and elongation in wet and dry conditions.
- Corrosion resistance, long-term corrosion resistance in soil and water with different pH.
- Good water permeability There are gaps between the fibers, so it has good water permeability.
- Good anti-microbial property, no damage to microorganisms and insects.
- Convenient construction. Because the material is light and soft, it is convenient to transport, lay and construct.
- Complete specifications: width up to 9 meters. It is the widest product in China, the mass per unit area: 100-1000g/m²
The use of polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile for building materials with different physical properties (particle size, distribution, consistency, and density, etc.)
Materials (such as soil and sand, soil and concrete, etc.). Makes two or more materials not lost or mixed, keeping materials
The overall structure and function of the material strengthen the load-bearing capacity of the structure.
2: Filter (reverse filter)
When water flows from the fine material soil layer into the coarse material soil layer, the good air permeability and water permeability of the polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile are used to make the water flow
Pass, and effectively intercept soil particles, fine sand, small stones, etc., to maintain the stability of water and soil engineering.
The polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile has good water conductivity. It can form a drainage channel inside the soil body, and make the soil structure more
The remaining liquid and gas are discharged outside.
Use polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextiles to enhance the tensile strength and deformation resistance of the soil, enhance the stability of the building structure, and improve
Good soil quality.
When the water flow scours the soil, it effectively spreads, transmits, or decomposes the concentrated stress, prevents the soil from being damaged by external forces, and protects the soil.
Combined with the geomembrane to form a composite waterproof and impermeable material, it plays a role in preventing puncture.
High tensile strength, good permeability, air permeability, high-temperature resistance, freezing resistance, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, and no insects.
Polyester staple fiber needle-punched geotextile is a widely used geosynthetic material. Widely used in the reinforcement of railway subgrades and highway pavements
Maintenance, sports hall, protection of dams, isolation of hydraulic structures, tunnels, beaches, reclamation, environmental protection, and other projects.
Leave A Comment