Eco-bag slope protection is an important part of a flexible ecological slope engineering system.
The eco-bag has the filtering function of target permeability and impermeability, which can prevent the loss of filler (soil and nutrient mixture) and realize the normal exchange of water in the soil, plants can grow freely through the bag, and the root system enters the engineering foundation soil, such as countless anchor rods to complete the role of stabilization between the bag and the main body again, the longer the time’ the more solid, more progress to achieve the purpose of building a stable permanent slope, and greatly reduce the maintenance cost.
Let’s dive right in now, and you can click on the question that interest you,
1 What is an eco-bag?
Eco-bag is made of polypropylene (PP) or polyester fiber (PET) as the raw material for the double-sided ironing needle punching non-woven fabric processed into bags. In full consideration of the requirements of many disciplines such as material mechanics, hydrology, biology, and botany, the thickness, unit quality, physical and mechanical properties, shape, fiber type, force mode, direction, geometric size and permeability performance, and equivalent pore size to meet the growth of plants are strictly screened, with anti-UV (UV), anti-aging, non-toxic, non-combustible, crack not It has the characteristics of UV resistance, anti-aging, non-toxic, non-combustion, and non-extension of fracture, which truly realizes zero pollution. It is mainly used in the construction of flexible ecological slopes. Ecological bag slope protection greening is one of the important construction methods in the barren mountain, mine restoration, highway slope greening, riverbank slope protection, inland river regulation.
The use of eco-bags for slope protection greening is one of the significant construction methods in the restoration of barren mountains, mines, highway slope greening, riverbank slope protection, inland river regulation. It has excellent physical and chemical properties, can resist ultraviolet rays, anti-aging, acid, and alkali resistance, is not affected by chemical substances in the soil and microorganisms, is permeable to water, and is impermeable to the soil, friendly to plants, and can be greened naturally.
2 What are the characteristics of eco-bags?
The ecological bag has excellent physical and chemical properties, is a non-woven geotextile material (the main component is produced by a special formula of polymer – polypropylene) needle-punched into a network of high-strength plane stable material, according to the geosynthetic materials research institute (GRI) to make four accelerated experiments, in 25 ℃ water and gas interface, the application of 260kPa pressure, the system PP engineering strength of life It is more than 120 years; when the ecological bag of this system is installed according to the specification and completely covered, the life span can be more than 200 years. This specially formulated material can resist the erosion of ultraviolet light, is not affected by the chemical substances in the soil, will not undergo quality change or decay, is permanently non-degradable and can resist the erosion of insect pests, is anti-aging, non-toxic, resistant to acid and alkaline salt erosion and microbial decomposition, is only permeable to water but not to the soil, is plant-friendly and can be vegetated; as the latest type of slope component material, it has the following environmental universality advantages.
Eco-bags protection can achieve fast construction speed, no maintenance, and other characteristics, there is a certain degree of environmental protection, ecological bag retaining wall net height should not exceed 4 m, ecological bag cut-off wall applicable to the longitudinal slope of the pipe trench slope of 5 °C ~ 30 °C.
Eco-bags protection structure is an eco-friendly system consisting of an ecological bag, coupling buckle, and sealing line. Among them, the ecological bag is made of double-sided ironing needle punching non-woven fabric made of polypropylene as raw material, the bag is filled with soil mixed with vegetation seeds, its strength is high, anti-aging, friendly to plants, and has the filtering function of permeability to water and impermeability to soil. Eco-bag protection structure can be constructed by taking soil in situ and filling bags, with fast construction speed and no maintenance, which can quickly realize backfilling of pipe ditch and landscape restoration and can reduce the problem of soil erosion caused by untimely construction of masonry structure. At the same time, the ecological bag has a high winding property, which is conducive to local settlement and integration with the environment, and better embedded with the original soil.
3 What are the advantages of eco-bags?
Excellent physical and chemical properties can resist ultraviolet light, anti-aging, acid, and alkali resistance, not affected by chemical substances in the soil and microorganisms, permeable to water and impervious to the soil, plant-friendly natural greening.
- Resistant to moisture: the raw material of the ecological bag does not absorb moisture, the bag will not be damaged when moisture appears, and the bag will not be deformed, and it does not dissolve in polluting liquid.
- Chemical corrosion resistance (PH): extensive research and testing show that ecological bags have strong resistance to certain concentrations of acid and alkali chemicals, and can be used for most hazardous materials and seriously polluted environments.
- Resistant to biodegradation and animal damage: Eco-bags are made of specially formulated materials that do not support, absorb, or help the growth of bacteria, and do not rot, mold, or deteriorate. Eco-bags will not be digested by insects and related animals, and will not become food for gnawing teeth animals (rats), termites, moths, beetles, silverfish moths, etc.
- Resistant to high and low temperature: ecological bags can withstand the high temperatures of 150 degrees Celsius without melting, and can withstand the lowest temperature of -40 degrees Celsius.
- Resistant to ultraviolet (UV) rays: ecological bags contain carbon ink and other anti-UV components.
The ecological bag is an important part of the flexible ecological slope engineering system, ecological bag has a target permeable impermeable soil filtering function, which can prevent the loss of filler (soil and nutrient mixture), but also achieve the normal exchange of water in the soil, plants can grow freely through the bag, the root system into the engineering foundation soil, such as countless anchor rods to complete the bag and the main body of the solid role between the bag again, the longer the time, the more solid, and further achieve the purpose of building a stable permanent slope, greatly reducing maintenance costs.
4 The application of ecological bags in the greening of slope protection
Ecological bag sowing grass seeds have several methods such as insert sowing, mixed sowing, pressure sowing, spray sowing, etc., which have many advantages in slope protection greening
- It is ecological and environmentally friendly, beautiful, and can be perfectly integrated with the natural ecological environment. It does not produce construction waste and construction noise during construction.
- The choice of vegetation can be diversified, which is conducive to the rapid recovery of the ecosystem and the rapid return of the slope environment to its natural state.
- It is a triangular internal friction locking structure with scientific stability and energy-absorbing buffering effect on external impact, and the seismic performance of traditional slope is incomparable.
- The structured surface is combined with the slope body into a homogeneous whole through the developed root system of vegetation so that no separation and collapse will occur between the artificial slope and the original natural slope. And with the continuation of time, the increasingly strong vegetation root system makes the stability and solidity of the slope structure stronger, so it is natural and permanent ecological engineering with life.
- The construction is simple, under the guidance of a construction guide and technical personnel, male and female laborers without any technical experience in slope proposal can participate in the construction, solving the employment problem of numerous surplus laborers.
- Generally, no engineering treatment of the foundation is needed, and the adaptability to uneven settlement is one of the characteristics of this system, while the structure will not produce temperature stress and no temperature joints need to be set.
- The construction is fast and convenient, without the need of “three passes and one leveling”, and the standard material is light to carry.
- Engineering issues that cannot be solved by traditional rigid structures Freeze-thaw, expansive soil ……
Leave A Comment