2 Application of railway warp knitted polyester geogrid
A railroad embankment is a structure that carries and transmits the gravity of the track and the powerful effect of the train. It is the foundation of the track and is an important structure to ensure the operation of trains. An embankment is an earth and stone structure located in a variety of landforms, geological, hydrological, and climatic environments. It is sometimes subject to various hazards, such as floods, mudslides, landslides, and earthquakes. In order to strengthen the railroad roadbed, geogrid fabric has been widely used in road and railroad roadbed construction and has achieved good results.
- The commonly used geogrid structure for railroad roadbed reinforcement is bi-directional tensile plastic geogrid and polyester geogrid. These two materials have the characteristics of high tensile strength, high-temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, lightweight, easy construction, aging resistance, resistance to cement, soil, and broken materials. Warp-knitted polyester geogrid fabric is suitable for reinforcement of various embankments and roadbeds, slope protection, cave wall reinforcement, foundation reinforcement of large airports, parking lots, dockyards, etc. It can also be used for the reinforcement of railroads, highways, and roads. Aircraft runways and coal mines, metallurgy, water conservancy projects, etc. are widely used.
- Reinforcement of iron roadbed. Geogrid fabrics are used to reinforce railroad roadbeds. Combining composite material and road material together, can effectively distribute the load, prevent road loss and roadbed deformation, improve roadbed stability and withstand the greater variable load.
- Railway track slag protection. Due to train vibration, wind, and rain, etc., it leads to the loss of road slag. It uses geosynthetic material wrapping to prevent the loss of ballast and improve the stability of the roadbed.
- Railway retaining wall. Geogrid fabrics are used to reinforce retaining walls on the sides of railroads. For example, platforms and freight platforms in railway stations can extend their service life and reduce maintenance costs.
- Railway slope protection. Geogrid is used for slope protection on both sides of the railroad to prevent stones and fine soil from sliding down, improve the service life of the railroad and reduce maintenance costs.